Loneliness is a problem faced by people of different age groups.
Loneliness is a complex mental phenomenon that has been experienced by everyone at some point of time in life. The feeling of abandonment can affect you even when are surrounded by people. It can turn people into defensive, touchy and pessimistic and make it difficult for them to connect with the rest of the family, friends, and relatives. If you are becoming lonely despair is not the way out. Rather follow some simple steps to get out of loneliness and help yourself.
Some tips to come out of loneliness and have a social life back
- Small talk with people you encounter on a daily basis is a good idea. It can include simply comment about the weather or the music or a movie with people you meet throughout the day. You can also ask about the health of the people around you.
- Try to enjoy your own company. Most people crave for other people’s time because they are unable to spend time with themselves.
- Don’t expect people to become your close friends in one or two meetings. The statistic shows that people take around 90 hours to become friends with anyone. So, don’t set very high expectations.
- Understanding the reason for your loneliness is a crucial step to recovering from it. Question yourself what is making you lonely.
- Get in touch with your family. It could be your immediate family, in-laws or distant relatives. This is a better way of addressing your loneliness rather than going out and meeting completely new people.
If you really want to beat loneliness follow the techniques above and get back into the social stream.