An Incredible Opportunity for Students: The Swachh Bharat Summer Internship 2018
The Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan has been one of the most popular and widely appreciated schemes of the Government of India. Launched on 2nd October 2014, the scheme has come a long way to achieve many milestones, cleaning up India’s villages and cities in the process.
Following the Prime Minister’s call on each individual contributing at least 100 hours towards swachhata each year, the government has this year launched an ambitious campaign in the form of “Swachh Bharat Summer Internship – 100 Hours of Swachhata”.
Salient Features of the Internship Program:
- The objective of the summer internship program is to involve the youth of the country towards ensuring sanitation and hygiene in the rural and remote areas.
- The internship requires the college and university students to spend minimum 100 hours of their summers, working towards swachhata in a village or district of their choice.
- Students are free to pick up a village to carry out swachata related activities from either their home state or the state of the college/university.
Key activities during the Internship Period:
The responsibilities of the swachhata interns can include, and are not limited to:
- Organise awareness campaigns for cleanliness and hygiene, sensitizing the local community
- Perform Nukkad nataks, Street Plays, Dance Performances etc. themed around Swachhata.
- Make wall paintings at public places and panchayat offices in hues of Swachhata.
- Participate in Nigrani Committees to keep a check on open defecation in villages.
- Organise waste collection and disposal drives in the village localities.
- Help local authorities devise plans for installation of biogas plants etc.
Students enrolled in universities/college and undergoing higher education can apply online for the internship program. Students can participate as individuals or in teams (maximum team size of 10).
Students will have to devote 100 hours towards cleanliness under the program, between 1st may and 31st July 2018.
Awards & Recognition:
- Each participant will be awarded a Swachh Bharat Internship Certificate on successful completion of the program.
- Two curriculum credits will also be awarded to the candidates whose work reports during the internship are found to be satisfactory.
- The best 3 interns at the college, university, state and national levels will be recognized and awarded with cash rewards.
How to Apply?
Students can apply for SBSI online at: www.sbsi.mygov.in
Last Date to apply: 15th May 2018